Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
News_Amazon

Canada A-to-z Guarantee to support commercial liability claims

We’ve updated the A-to-z Guarantee to support the claims process in the unlikely event a defective product sold in our Canada store causes property damage or personal injury.

To sell in the Amazon.ca store, you must obtain and maintain a valid commercial liability insurance policy once you exceed CAD $10,000 in sales in one month on Amazon.ca, or if we ask you to.

• For claims under $1,000 that are proven to have been caused by a defective product, we’ll pay a concession directly to the customer. We’ll notify you when a claim has been processed and you can follow the claim status on Manage A-to-z claims in Seller Central. As long as you have proof of valid insurance and adhere to our policies, we won’t request reimbursement from you or your insurance provider.
  • For claims over $1,000, we’ll work with your insurance provider to verify the claim and pay the concession to the customer.

If you receive a claim after you exceed $10,000 in sales in one month and don’t have an insurance, you’ll be responsible for the claim compensation value.

If you already have a valid commercial liability insurance policy that was purchased in the US and you sell in the Amazon.ca store, be sure to verify that your policy covers claims made in Canada.

If you need a new commercial liability insurance policy, we’ve identified an insurance provider that can help you easily and affordably secure liability insurance. To contact the provider, go to Zensurance.

For more information, go to A-to-z claims process for property damage and personal injury.

13 replies
Tags:News and announcements
13 replies
user profile
Seller_RkoLHFOsEC1da

Problem is they don't work with business in QC :(

user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7

A to z claims aren't processed properly or fairly in the Canadian Marketplace as it is. And you want to add something this serious to the A to Z system? This should totally be a separate system and not linked to the A to Z system in any way.

user profile
Seller_BCsJXNkuO7q9e

This process has existed in the USA side for at least 3 years. It now appears to be expanded to many other countries this week. This is not a Canada specific thing.

I'm not positive but I don't believe its integrated directly into the regular A-Z process. It does say buyers need to contact Amazon and its handled by an outside 3rd party who verifies everything.

user profile
Seller_ZGCLtAHanvZm8

Absolutely ridiculous. I only sell clothing which cannot harm anyone yet I have to pay nearly $700 annually for insurance!

It's getting harder and harder to sell on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_PNwUQLkqFLu1F

Amazon just keeps getting better every day. All that money they have.. and still trying to put every single problem on sellers shoulders, rip us each time when there is at least smallest amount of money involved.

user profile
Seller_F0vWfrwVpZ8w6

Any recommendation on insurance provider?

user profile
Seller_0NAhwGY5lY5dS

I have the Liability Insurance where can upload it? (Amazon.CA)

There are no more posts to display
user profile
News_Amazon

We’ve updated the A-to-z Guarantee to support the claims process in the unlikely event a defective product sold in our Canada store causes property damage or personal injury.

To sell in the Amazon.ca store, you must obtain and maintain a valid commercial liability insurance policy once you exceed CAD $10,000 in sales in one month on Amazon.ca, or if we ask you to.

• For claims under $1,000 that are proven to have been caused by a defective product, we’ll pay a concession directly to the customer. We’ll notify you when a claim has been processed and you can follow the claim status on Manage A-to-z claims in Seller Central. As long as you have proof of valid insurance and adhere to our policies, we won’t request reimbursement from you or your insurance provider.
  • For claims over $1,000, we’ll work with your insurance provider to verify the claim and pay the concession to the customer.

If you receive a claim after you exceed $10,000 in sales in one month and don’t have an insurance, you’ll be responsible for the claim compensation value.

If you already have a valid commercial liability insurance policy that was purchased in the US and you sell in the Amazon.ca store, be sure to verify that your policy covers claims made in Canada.

If you need a new commercial liability insurance policy, we’ve identified an insurance provider that can help you easily and affordably secure liability insurance. To contact the provider, go to Zensurance.

For more information, go to A-to-z claims process for property damage and personal injury.

13 replies
user profile

by News_Amazon

13 replies
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_RkoLHFOsEC1da

user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7

A to z claims aren't processed properly or fairly in the Canadian Marketplace as it is. And you want to add something this serious to the A to Z system? This should totally be a separate system and not linked to the A to Z system in any way.

user profile
Seller_BCsJXNkuO7q9e

This process has existed in the USA side for at least 3 years. It now appears to be expanded to many other countries this week. This is not a Canada specific thing.

I'm not positive but I don't believe its integrated directly into the regular A-Z process. It does say buyers need to contact Amazon and its handled by an outside 3rd party who verifies everything.

user profile
Seller_ZGCLtAHanvZm8

Absolutely ridiculous. I only sell clothing which cannot harm anyone yet I have to pay nearly $700 annually for insurance!

user profile
Seller_PNwUQLkqFLu1F

Amazon just keeps getting better every day. All that money they have.. and still trying to put every single problem on sellers shoulders, rip us each time when there is at least smallest amount of money involved.

user profile
Seller_F0vWfrwVpZ8w6

user profile
Seller_0NAhwGY5lY5dS

user profile
Seller_RkoLHFOsEC1da

user profile
Seller_RkoLHFOsEC1da

user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7

user profile
Seller_7LrAV0m5llaI7

user profile
Seller_BCsJXNkuO7q9e

user profile
Seller_BCsJXNkuO7q9e

user profile
Seller_ZGCLtAHanvZm8

user profile
Seller_ZGCLtAHanvZm8

user profile
Seller_PNwUQLkqFLu1F

user profile
Seller_PNwUQLkqFLu1F

user profile
Seller_F0vWfrwVpZ8w6

user profile
Seller_F0vWfrwVpZ8w6

user profile
Seller_0NAhwGY5lY5dS

user profile
Seller_0NAhwGY5lY5dS