user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help with an A to Z

by Seller_l4oCyiofeJAHb

We have been selling on Amazon for a long time and like other sellers here we find the A to Z process increasingly frustrating. Here is the latest. Order #701-4990308-7708258

Customer purchased a guitar. The customer asked for a refund as the item was damaged. As always we followed up immediately asking for pictures. The customer reached out to on of our Brick and Mortar locations and was told we require the pics of damage. Then assuming there was damage a prepaid label would be sent to the customer and a full refund sent once we receive the damaged instrument back and inspect it.

The customer supplied the pics of the damaged instrument, we sent a prepaid label. We assured the customer they would receive the full refund once we received the guitar and inspected it. The customer then filed an A to Z to ensure they would receive a full refund. We received the guitar and inspected it and sent thru the refund as promised and as per Amazon policy.

The moment we sent the refund the A to Z was granted. Because we had sent the refund already the case reads "As the buyer did file a claim we will still include the claim in your Order Defect Rate and performance metrics".

This is CRAZY. We left a trail with the original A to Z claim updating the process and customer every step of the way as well as the 7 interactions with the customer in our messages clearly validate the entire case. The customer filed an A to Z just in case they didn't receive the exact service we promised and delivered.

Please have someone read the messages and case information as its clear as day that we followed all Amazon protocols and took care of the customer in a timely professional manner.

Tags: A-to-z claims
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_l4oCyiofeJAHb
In reply to: Seller_l4oCyiofeJAHb’s post

@Ricardo_Amazon can you have a look?

user profile
Seller_l4oCyiofeJAHb

@Lucre_Amzn @Sunnie_Amazon

Can you guys be of assistance? I'de really appreciate it!

Thanks

user profile
Christine_Amazon

Hello @Seller_l4oCyiofeJAHb

This is Christine from Amazon Forums.

I understand your position, however in this case I was checking the claim and I do see you did not used Buy Shipping Services.

As part of our Prevent an A-to-z Guarantee claim policies "When you ship on time using Amazon's Buy Shipping, there is no impact to your account health or Order defect rate for granted delivery related claims (as long as you respond to customer inquiries within 48 hours), although you may still be responsible for reimbursing the customer."

Also in our link for the Order Defect Rate you can see that the following types of claims impact your ODR:

• Claims that are granted to the buyer and for which, Amazon determines that you were at fault
  • Claims for which you refunded the buyer after the claim was filed
  • Claims for which you or Amazon canceled the order
  • Claims that are pending a decision on appeal

I understand this is not the outcome expected and I am sorry to deliver this news to you.

However I do hope you have a great day!

Christine.

user profile
Seller_VXA2aspMqpZ4o

Based on our own history with A-Z claims I personally have extreme doubts whether these A-Z claims "staff" ever look at the email history between buyer/seller when "reviewing" claims. We have asked on several occasions when appealing a claim to "check the email history". We have instances where through the email chain buyers have...

• Outright lied

• Contradicted themselves numerous times throughout the email

• Ignored our repeated emails to them in which we tried to rectify a concern (just using A-Z instead of working with us because the scammers all know that A-Z is almost a guaranteed win for them under amazon policies)

Regardless of how strong our evidence is in the email chain is I have yet to see it reverse a claim

user profile
Seller_CVGPXYM2rExo3

Same thing happened to us: Either the client needs to be educated on when to use A to Z Claim

OR

The claim team needs to read.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post