If you use inventory file templates or XML to upload your inventory data, you can use the Fix Failed Listings tool in Manage Inventory to review and fix SKUs with matching, validation, or invalid data errors. A listing is inactive until you resolve the errors and provide a quantity and price. (The Fix Failed Listings tool does not support the Inventory Loader and Listing Loader files.)
Finding SKUs with errors
To identify your failed listings, follow these steps:
- Go to the Inventory tab and select Manage Inventory.
- If you have errors, you will see the Fix Failed Listings filter in the left-hand menu.
- The possible error types include the following:
- All Fixable Online: All SKUs with errors, regardless of error type.
- Missing Info: Required data is missing. For example, missing UPC, product name, or manufacturer.
- Incorrect Info: SKUs with errors that occur when the data does not meet the formatting requirements (for example, overly long descriptions).
- Matching Error: Your product might match an existing listing in the Amazon catalog, but we need more information to be sure. For more information, see Matching Your Products.
- Variation Error: Errors that occur on variation child SKUs.
You can also use advanced search to find SKUs with errors:
- In Manage Inventory, click Advanced to the right of the search box.
- From the drop-down box, select Fix Failed Listings.
- Enter either a SKU or BatchID. Click Search.
The Fix Failed Listings tool will display a failed SKU for 30 days. If you do not wish to fix a SKU, unfixed SKUs will disappear from the list (and your inventory) 30 days after the inventory tool detects an error.
To fix failed SKUs, follow these steps:
- To fix a single SKU, click Fix in the Actions column to the left of the SKU you want to fix.
- To fix multiple SKUs in succession:
- Click the checkbox to the left of each SKU you want to fix; or
- Select all failed listings by checking the box at the top of the checkbox column.
- Click the Actions button at the top of the page, and then select Fix Selected Items.
- On the listing details page, data with an error is located on the tab with a red exclamation mark (!) . An error message at the top of the page explains exactly what needs to be fixed.
Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. Check to be sure all fields with an asterisk are filled in. Other requested product information is optional, but can help customers make informed buying decisions.
- Once you fix an error, save your changes. If fixing multiple SKUs:
- Save and move to the next record by clicking Next product.
- Exit by clicking Save and finish.
After you fix a SKU's errors, you can activate the listing by providing the price and quantity. A confirmation message will indicate that the listing is active. Generally, a fixed SKU will show up in your active listings within 15 minutes.
You can defer activation by clicking the checkbox near the top of the listing detail tool's Offer tab ("Let me skip the offer data and add it later").