Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Can I create a cross selling promotion?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09 Jul, 2014 12:45 PM by: Style
homesweethome

Posted on: 08 Jul, 2014 8:24 PM
Click to report abuse...
Hello Everyone,

I need help with cross selling my products. I sell products that are complementary to each other. This means that if someone buys product A, there is an 90% chance that he will buy product B. For example, printers and ink cartridges. Is there a way on Amazon.com to create a promotion to encourage people to buy product B from me when they purchase product A? For example, a promotion to offers a percentage discount on ink cartridges when they a printer?

Thanks,
homesweethome
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 08 Jul, 2014 8:26 PM   in response to: homesweethome in response to: homesweethome
Click to report abuse...
No, Amazon does that automatically.
homesweethome

Posted on: 09 Jul, 2014 12:09 PM   in response to: Eastern Peace F... in response to: Eastern Peace F...
Click to report abuse...
So there is no way that you can cross promote your items?
Style

Posted on: 09 Jul, 2014 12:45 PM   in response to: homesweethome in response to: homesweethome
Click to report abuse...
What Mainley meant is that lots of times people who click on a printer also click on ink, so they may cross promote in the little suggestion box on the bottom. There is no way to do it in your listing.

HOWEVER, if you are a Pro Seller, you can do a promo, say, on all your XBrand Printers like "buy a XXX Printer and get XXX off on XX Brand Replacement Toner" The promo will allow you to add the ASINs for the printers and toners affected.
Good for sales, and that also cross links the products, since more people will click on both, so better chance of the pics on the bottom of the page showing "customers who bought this also bought this."

Just have to be a little creative, since the catalog pages themselves have to relate to just that product and no others.

Only thing about Promos is they only show up on the page if someone is in your store view or if you have the buy box. Other thing to do is use Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest for promos and promo codes.

(note to Self: take your own advice and do that more!!!)

Style