Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Why can so many people sell kratom and lotus products and I can't?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20 Nov, 2014 7:26 AM by: Marilyn's Attic
Lotus-Extracts

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 4:30 AM  
Click to report abuse...
First off, I did see that kratom is not allowed to be sold on amazon. Then I was surfing around and I have found so many listings of kratom, and most of them have fake names, and little to no information about the product.
So I figured as long as I don't write kratom in the name or product description I would be golden.

To no surprise, I sold 600 grams in one week because my kratom is top top quality straight from a plantation in Indonesia. Then amazon took down my listings because they had been identified as kratom. I just don't get why vendors who sell kratom labeled red md without even telling you what strain it is, where it came from, how it was grown, etc. can sell it all they want, and an expert like myself cannot. My listing included the strain, the day it was picked, and the date it was imported into the U.S. A listing such as red md means nothing except that it is red veined. MD, which I am sure stands for Ma Daeng is slaing in a foreign language that roughly translates to Pimp Kratom. The term is used by real kratom sellers for the most matlure leaves on the plant. So Red Md tells you that you are getting red veined kratom from somewhere in the world. It is a horribly unethical listing.
Then the straw that broke the camel's back was when I found a listing called purple Haze. It is in some flashy container that makes it look like a drug and even states it has secret ingredients. A product with secret ingredients shouldn't be allowed on Amazon, no matter what the substance. It could be laced with morphine for all we know.
I also listed a resin extract that was half blue lotus and half white lotus which they took down about an hour after I listed it. I didn't really care until they removed another one of my listings which was red indian lotus. No blue lotus whatsoever. Then I did some searching, and I stopped counting at 20 blue lotus listings, and I bought an ounce of pink lotus from another dishonest vendor because I received an ounce of, yeah you guessed it, blue lotus. My lotus extracts are made in a lab, and the fact that all these rinky dink salesman with bags of lotus in their basement are allowed to sell it.
So my question is how do I join the "elite" and become allowed to sell my kratom on amazon? Do I need to buy a platinum seller membership, donate 1000 to the amazon kids college fund, or what? If anybody can give me the right answer you will earn yourself a 100$ bill or 200g's of "green Ind MD". Ha, I have to be missing something here, in three weeks lotusloveshishadotcom will be operating and I will be good. Hopefully people will find out about it and have the pleasure of choosing from 12 strains of A++ k and quite a few other great products.
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
9 Replies
Sort replies by:
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 4:36 AM   in response to: Lotus-Extracts in response to: Lotus-Extracts  
Click to report abuse...
Nope.

Those selling restricted products on Amazon will eventually be suspended. You were just caught before they were.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2
jayellbooks

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 4:42 AM   in response to: Lotus-Extracts in response to: Lotus-Extracts  
Click to report abuse...
Your post reads like a lengthy ad for your website to come.

All those other sellers will soon be gone.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Attridge Books ...

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 4:49 AM   in response to: Lotus-Extracts in response to: Lotus-Extracts  
Click to report abuse...
The answer is simple - there is nothing you can do. If the products are banned from selling on Amazon, you cannot sell them here. And be thankful that your attempts to circumvent the listing restriction haven't led to suspension, which they will if you keep trying to do that. The others are just getting away with it temporarily.
speck666

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 5:18 AM   in response to: Lotus-Extracts in response to: Lotus-Extracts  
Click to report abuse...
You do know that you're also breaking U.S. law by importing that garbage into the country, right? It's been banned since February -

Months after issuing import ban, FDA still working to get kratom off market

By Hank Schultz, 01-Oct-2014

Kratom continues to be imported into the US in large quantities and marketed as a dietary supplement. And some supplies of this botanical may be laced with dangerous undeclared pharmaceutical ingredients, according to one investigator.

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Regulation/Months-after-issuing-import-ban-FDA-still-working-to-get-kratom-off-market
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
Petri Dish

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 5:33 AM   in response to: Attridge Books ... in response to: Attridge Books ...  
Click to report abuse...
Thjis reply wasn't directed specifically to you, and I'm noot offering any sympathy for the OP's situation, but Amazon doesn't do a very good job protecting the public from these substances when you just need to put "Kratom" in the main search bar and all these offending products pop up under "lawn and garden".

This should be a simple problem for Amazon to solve.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kratom
Attridge Books ...

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 5:41 AM   in response to: Petri Dish in response to: Petri Dish  
Click to report abuse...
LOL, "lawn and garden". I suppose it is a plant.....

I do think Amazon is overwhelmed with products to vet. On the other hand, after all the problems they have had with illegal supplements, pharmaceuticals etc. there should be someone going through Amazon with a fine-toothed comb for products such as kratom, searching just like the typical consumer would search.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Doesn't Matter

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 5:45 AM   in response to: Petri Dish in response to: Petri Dish  
Click to report abuse...
They are too busy blocking any 3p listing in home and garden with - Made in USA- in the title.
Then they double the price and keep the listing active for themselves.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
Petri Dish

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 5:46 AM   in response to: Attridge Books ... in response to: Attridge Books ...  
Click to report abuse...
Attridge Books and More wrote:
LOL, "lawn and garden". I suppose it is a plant.....

I do think Amazon is overwhelmed with products to vet. On the other hand, after all the problems they have had with illegal supplements, pharmaceuticals etc. there should be someone going through Amazon with a fine-toothed comb for products such as kratom, searching just like the typical consumer would search.

Right???

Like I said in the other thread I bumped, if I can offending products in a matter of seconds, why can't Amazon.?

They do a fine job restricting listings like DVDs to prevent pirated media from being sold, so why can't they do the same with this crap. I mean I haven't heard of anyone getting sick or putting their health at risk by buying a counterfeit DVD.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 20 Nov, 2014 7:26 AM   in response to: Lotus-Extracts in response to: Lotus-Extracts  
Click to report abuse...
Re: Why can so many people sell kratom and lotus products and I can't?

Because you got caught and they haven't--yet.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1